Wednesday 15 January 2014

20...

"Enjoy yourself. That’s what your 20s are for. Your 30s are to learn the lessons. Your 40s are to pay for the drinks."
-Sex and the city
 
The countdown to the 12th of January was my final days of being a teenager. As scary as it was to leave that chapter of my life, I am excited for what this decade will bring.
I have always planned things but have learnt throughout my teens, that doesn't always work out. Having high expectations can only end in huge disappointment, taking advantage can one day leave you lonely and not giving your best will always fill you with regret.
I try not to make new years resolutions as I don't know how my life will plan out- that's part of the fun.
Not knowing the destination is daunting. Not having the reassurance things will work out favourably is worrying. But while you stay scared and unknown time will pass within seconds and the years meant for fun, memories and experiences will be lost. So it's not about what you expect from yourself, what you think you will be doing, it's about the journey you take to get there. As long as it's a happy one where I am feeling satisfied, I know I'll be okay. Like one of many; I'm just a 20-something girl, following my dreams and laughing along the way ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment